All you can see and find in Rome on our bike tours in June
June in Rome is a month full of events and initiatives around the city.
Double day of festivities: June 2 the Republic Day and June 29 the patrons of the city of St. Peter and Paul.
Many free outdoor events start around the city, both day and night.
Also this year in Rome June is the first real month of spring, even if summer is near. The temperatures are mild and the rains finally give us a little respite.
The city bike tours are very advantageous at this time because you can stay outdoors, enjoy the mild climate and see more things in the city on the same day.
How the Rome bike tour takes place in June
Our tours always start and end at our base, just 300 meters from the Colosseum.
Some tours Start in the morning between 9 am and 10 am and then finish close to lunch time.
While other tours depart in the afternoon.
The “Roma by Night” evening bike tour, instead, starts at 6.30 pm, so that you are at sunset in the highest part of the tour, to enjoy the panorama of Rome at sunset.
All our tours are by electric bike, because this will allow us to take the tour as a pleasant walk, without fatigue and stress.
The advantages of the electric bike tour of Rome in June
- By bike you can avoid too busy roads and areas inaccessible to traffic.
- In June the climate is hot but the temperatures are not yet very high.
- Walking by bicycle you can enjoy the greenery of Rome and the flowering of trees and plants that color the city.
- By bike you can quickly reach the major squares and monuments of the city in a short time having fun.
- In June in Rome it is easy walking, running into events and demonstrations such as the fireworks planned in several points of the city on June 29th, the passage of the “Frecce Tricolore” (the aerobatic demonstration team of the Italian Aeronautica Militare) on June 2nd, etc.
- Thanks to the electric bike, you can reduce the degree of fatigue to deal with on the tour or steep slopes and enjoy the walk even in the sun!
Safety on our bike tours in Rome
All participants are provided with safety equipment.
Before each tour there is a small course to ride the bike safely.
Our guide, will lead the small group (about 12 people max.) through a carefully studied path. Whenever possible we will always avoid roads that are too busy and dangerous intersections, so that all participants can easily participate in the tour, even the smallest ones.
Here’s what you can come across in town during our June bike tours in Rome
June 2, military parade and three-colored arrow (Frecce Tricolore)
By participating in one of our morning tours it will be easy to come across a part of the military parade or watch the Frecce tricolore (the aerobatic demonstration team of the Italian Aeronautica Militare) pass by. Read the post on the events of June 2nd
9 June Pentecost Sunday: Rose petals rain at the Pantheon
At 10:30 am, after the Holy Mass, the firefighters will drop a shower of petals from the central oculus to symbolize the miracle of Pentecost, the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles.
Until June 16th Seasonal opening of the Municipal Rose Garden.
You can visit the Rose Garden in full bloom from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, every day.
From 8 June on the banks of the Tiber, around the Tiber Island and below Castel Sant’Angelo
Start the evocative Roman Summer “Along the Tiber” awaits tourists and visitors of all kinds with cultural events, music, street food and much more.
21 June Music Festival
In various squares, streets and venues in Rome there will be artists from all over the world who will perform live concerts of all kinds. It will be easy to come across one of these during one of our bike tours.
June 29 events for the celebration of the Patrons of Rome San Pietro e Paolo.